(new to linux)and ati driver install error

booomups

new linux user with mandrake 10.

file /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 from install of fglrx-4.3.0-3.7.6 conflicts with file from package libxfree86-4.3-29mdk

i get this error while trying to install newest ati linux drivers fo r my 8500.

i want to install it cause if i take 16001200res and 24bit i get.. well .. then my desktop gets full of remains of things......... as soon as i know how to make screenshots on linux id love to add one

and since im totally new to linux........... im not logged in as root..........is this why i cant see my other hdds anywhere or what am i doing wrong?......... i know that it must be something simple............. but to realy leave my windows i have to get acces to my movies mp3 and comix........... (the hds are detected correctly in the harddrake... or whatever the name is ;-)... and the file system of them is ntfs(nfts?) since i converted from windows............. please..thats the most importan thing....... i d be thankfull for a internet link or an explenation..........

internetlink would be less work for you.......... and yeah..i searched for it allready.... but well... looks like im searching wrong;-(