TO ALL MDK 10 USERS.

Guest anon

puerile.....

Well, lets see.

Mandrake don't have any spare cash.

They have created this confusion, NOT anon, NOT aRTee.

They have to some extent rectified their earlier errors by actually stating the facts on the BUY page now. However what they seem to have done is make a brand new set of terms with no basis except confusing enough people to pay $60 for the CE edition before the OFFICIAL edition is available.

This may or may not be on purpose. Who knows, however what Mandrake NEED to lerarn is that they need to be a lot clearer in theoir communications with the general public.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys done yet? :mellow:

nah ....

aRTee, dont think he meant you either but the discussion just proves how much it is confusing people.

Hence the discussion was NOT puerile.

The good thing is that Mandrake have now actually clarified the situation a bit.

What they don't ever seem to learn is that its better to check, check and check again before making announcements.

Also, i fugure if they put PLEASE donate $60 and we'll send you a DVD with the CD edition I would. When they didn't make it plain, I wouldn't.

Quoted from MandrakeSoft.com: http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products

10.0 Community

Mandrakelinux 10.0 is the newest version of the popular operating system.

The Community branch is designed for those who need the very latest features at the soonest opportunity, regardless of potential glitches.

Those who prefer an even more tested version should wait for the 'Official' release, scheduled to be published in early May 2004.

In other words... We don't get enough people testing our RCs, so we renamed them, so people might take the time to test the and report bugs. That will make our final releases this time look more like final releases rather than RC.

Edited by MoonChild

... except that in a RC a bug is not a quality problem: RC are there for testing. In a final like the CE, a bug is a quality problem .. except if it's the consequence of a specific hardware or a fancy configuration that Mandrake couldn't test at home.

Again and again, the more I use 10.0 CE (not much yet), the more I think it's, at least, as finished as any previous release, including the .1 or .2.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, considering the fact that MDK 10 is just a BETA release, it really kicked Winblows to the curve.

Not even a Microsoft Final and patched OS worked nowhere as good as a prerelease version of Mandrake.

Now that's fun to hear!

Geez! I read the statement about the Community Edition from MandrakeSoft, exactly as it was written, and did not apply 'political analysis' to it. I had NO problem with this.

Most of the whining I see is from people who ASS U ME something it is NOT!!!! :wall: