300MB of Updates for Mdk10

pmpatrick

I've been checking every day since my initial post and there seems to be about 100MB on average every time. I really don't think anyone can claim that is normal for a final release. This bird is definitely not fully cooked. Glad they seem to be working very hard to fix all the bugs before the "Official" version comes out though.

I downlaoded around 460 MB already from teh German site. While adjusting my firewall to it I noticed how random the ports are, luckily the machine itself has a static ip so I can use it. Really the source ports and destiantion ports use quite (maybe all) the ports they can use... If anyone knows why it does this, I woudl appreciate to know ...

I have installed around 700mb of updates, and the system is finally running nicely! The latest kernel really improved some performance issues that I was having.

I am unable to update anything! I get an error about something curl 9, blah.  :wall:

I know now never to download Community Edition again. :oops:

I was feeling that same way. For a time my intenet speed was so bad, I was using SuSE and *gasp* windex from home. Try to update a few items at a time. I saw someone else with that problem, maybe counterspy, and that's how he got around it.

I am unable to update anything! I get an error about something curl 9, blah.  :wall:

I know now never to download Community Edition again. :oops:

I was feeling that same way. For a time my intenet speed was so bad, I was using SuSE and *gasp* windex from home. Try to update a few items at a time. I saw someone else with that problem, maybe counterspy, and that's how he got around it.

Thanks, but how do you do just a few items at a time? :unsure:

I've done over 700 MB of updates. More like 750 MB. All using Mandrake Update and the first mirror in France. I haven't seen a kernel update. At least I don't think I have. I did over 200 MB just now and am all caught up. Until tomorrow.

I also have used Mandrake update. First, always update tools. Then you can check off any update you want, one at a time if that's how you need to do it. The last round of updates seem to be corrections for compiling amd64 processors.