300MB of Updates for Mdk10

pmpatrick

I was just able to add an update source for mdk10 and there are about 300MB available. The only way I could find to do it was in mcc>Media Manager>Add>Security Updates>Choose Mirror. The Netherland sites are up and appear to be synced; the others I tried didn't work. Don't update k3b libs or it will uninstall k3b and will not be able to install the updated k3b. It will warn you it's going to do it beforehand. The vast majority are bug fixes, kde and drakx as well as mozilla 1.6.

I was just able to add an update source for mdk10 and there are about 300MB available. The only way I could find to do it was in mcc>Media Manager>Add>Security Updates>Choose Mirror. The Netherland sites are up and appear to be synced; the others I tried didn't work. Don't update k3b libs or it will uninstall k3b and will not be able to install the updated k3b. It will warn you it's going to do it beforehand. The vast majority are bug fixes, kde and drakx as well as mozilla 1.6.

So, how are you supposed to update k3b then?

So, how are you supposed to update k3b then?

k3b is working fine for me so I wouldn't be concerned. The updtaed version is 0.1.15,;the installed version is 0.1.13. The kde lib on the install is 0.1.13 and the update kb3 lib is 0.1.14 IIRC. So the lib versions indicate a mismatch. I'm sure it will be corrected shortly.

EDIT: The problem has already been corrected as of March14.

Edited by pmpatrick

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?sho...topic=12283&hl=

Some of you have been led to believe that the MDK 10 released a few days ago, was 10- final .

It is Not That was just a "Community release" as it is so called, but it is really just a RC release. Think of it as a MDK-10-RC3 if you will. It was a snapshot from cooker taken around the 07-March.

If you d-load it now, there are already 300MB of updates since the ISOs were released.

My guess is 10 final won't be really final for another month or so. If you have problems with it, please post them on the board, thats what were here for!! But treat the current ISO release as a beta or RC , not the finished product.

Where are these mirrors with the updates ???

I checked a few that I normally use and they only have one small file listed there:

mandrake-release-10.0-0.9mdk.i586.rpm   10 KB   03/03/2004   03:59:00 PM

and from the looks of it, I already have a more current version of this... whatever it is anyway.

[scoopy@localhost scoopy]$ rpm -qa | grep mandrake-release
mandrake-release-10.0-1mdk

.so I don't see why everyone is calling this an RC.

Because for all intent and purposes, it is. Instead of calling it RC3 whatever....... Its called "Community release" but it is not the final.

300MB of updates is really not unusual for Mandrake, even on a "final" release...so I don't see why everyone is calling this an RC.

Because it is

Quoted from MandrakeSoft.com: http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products

10.0 Community

Mandrakelinux 10.0 is the newest version of the popular operating system.

The Community branch is designed for those who need the very latest features at the soonest opportunity, regardless of potential glitches.

Those who prefer an even more tested version should wait for the 'Official' release, scheduled to be published in early May 2004.

Its RC2 no matter which way you look at it -- besides Mandrake never released a final release this early

It's simply to get more people testing it.

Update did not work for me. One of the dutch sites gives me the update list, but when I try to perform the update, I get a whole bunch of errors. From missing signatures to curl problems.

How does it work to update from cooker?

Ciao,

Sitor

For waht it's worth, I have downloaded and installed around 600mb of "updates", some of them updtaes of the same file from one day to the next.