The "Show Off your Avatar" thread

Guest orville

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, some that can't add/align simple text on an image shouldn't be critical of others now should they?

:blush:

wait a bit. i will create an avatar from scratch... then you will see how well it is made and i will have all the right to critizise your "battery" when you get pale by my marvelous effort. ;)

... or you will die laughing from my tiny attempts. :lol:

okay, here is the result of 20 minutes in gimp. good ol' max rebo suffered when i resized him. and he still is in alpha phase (needs some drastic cleaning). the bad thing is: some of the original detail is lost at 100x100 pixels... bad luck. gotta think of something different...

Edited by arctic

gotta think of something different...

now,... here is the result. i worked more than four hours on this one. it is completely from scratch. i painted the dragon (the original dragon is on my chinese plates and my tea-can :)) virtually from scratch with inkscape (looking at the plate of course) and made the rest with gimp, then resized it with 300 dpi from 600x600 to 100x100 pixels. i think it looks kinda nice and was worth the effort.

... better than a battery. :P

sorry, bvc, but i couldn't resist the temptation... :cheesy:

Edited by arctic

How old are you? Seriously! Either you are old and loosing your memory, or really young and childish. I knew you could do this, or at least claim to be able to do this. You don't remember our conversation about your work on kde-look? I started by complimenting you on your tux, thinking you did it. No biggy that you didn't but the text is not aligned and I just thought I'd let you know. But you had to get defensive for some reason, as if I thought my stuff is better? I'm a graphics n00b and have never claimed anything else with my first touch on graphics in July of this year :P Does it make you feel big? To put down newbies art?

Now, grow up already!

-root :bvc:

Oh, you still haven't aligned text. Your wall at kde-look also has mis_aligned text :lol2:

sheesh...you don't even know what a battery looks like....so I conclude that you are a 3 year old with miracle computer talent. :mr-green:

Edited by bvc

so I conclude that you are a 3 year old with miracle computer talent.  :mr-green:

what a compliment! :D but you are absolutely right...

i do know that we talked about the kde-look-stuff but somehow you got me at a weak point: that i was getting lazy those last weeks and i think i had to prove to myself that i still can do all that stuff from scratch. but on the other side... one does not loose his abilities over night, right? and so many of the users had their very own avatars, made from scratch... i also wanted one. call me childish and you have every right to do so. :lol:

and the "battery" stuff was a joke. ;) it only came into my mind because just some minutes before i saw your minimalistic, but not bad at all avatar (i guess you know already that i do like minimalistic stuff ;)), i had put the dark-gray batteries of my digi-cam into the recharger... and the color and shape somehow reminded me of these. :joker:

Ya guys keep it cool, if you must flame, then take it to PM

I reckon it looks good off center.

Contrary to what you would believe, putting things off center is good design. As my design teacher at school said, dont be boring and put it all in the middle, position it. Things can look really interesting when aligned differently.

iphitus

I reckon it looks good off center.

Contrary to what you would believe, putting things off center is good design. As my design teacher at school said, dont be boring and put it all in the middle, position it. Things can look really interesting when aligned differently.

guess you didn't see it

I don't believe any such thing, how could anyone?

in this case...off center could not be a good design

but of course in can