10.0 community is for today

GodFlesh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my bittorrent is already warming up, can't wait.

And guys: leave the torrent open until it has uploaded as much as it has downloaded, that way you don't 'load' the system, but also 'unload', your net worth is not costing anything. Better yet, keep uploading more.

Of course, easy for me to say, I will download on one machine and have 2 others to install on... :P

And guys: leave the torrent open until it has uploaded as much as it has downloaded, that way you don't 'load' the system, but also 'unload', your net worth is not costing anything. Better yet, keep uploading more.

why does the name "paul" suddenly pop in my mind? :twisted:

ciao!

Guest Adriano

Of course, this is for all the _club_ members, am I right? the download-for-all edition doesn't come out until the 12 (according to the schedule referred). Board's policy, if I recall, was not to leak.

On the other claw, this community ed. should be made available to all and sundry, so as to maximize the cleaning&polishing for the "official" version (this was what MandrakeSoft stated when they did the whole community/official shebang)

So what will it be? I feel confused... :help:

woo hoo !!! I have been hoping for something like this:

But from now on, a second 'rock-solid' version titled "Mandrake Linux Official" will be released two or three months after Mandrake Linux Community. This new version will include all Erratas applied to the initial release, and as a result will be particularly solid and problem-free.

2004 Mar04 10.0 Community for club members

2004 Mar12 10.0 Download 3 first CDs of download edition released to everyone

2004 Mar28 10.0 Official same as above, but with all updates applied.

REMINDER DO NOT post any links to club torrents anywhere on this board.

Edited by scoopy

REMINDER  DO NOT post any links to club torrents anywhere on this board.

Which link? :jester::joker: :unsure: :juggle::twisted:

Edit: the newsflash is now on Mandrake's official site. Kind'a late, don't you think ;)

Edited by Darkelve

As I hinted before, the community edition is 4 discs. The silver member and up (Goldmember :P ) edition is 5 powerpack discs.

BTW downloadspeeds suck. 20-40KB/s more on the 20 side than on the 40....Seems like installation will have to wait until tomorrow.. :(

What do you get with the powerpack edition? I have decided to buy this release, but I don't know which version to buy (when released) Powerpack or Professional what is the difference between them? ie- what extra packages do you get?

Also, for what it's worth, I'm glad to see the club members get first shot at this. Afterall they are the "paying Customer". Hopefully the download speed picks up and all goes well.