Making DVD's Play

energymedia

As I have stated in a previous post, I have had issues with getting my DVD player to work. Now that I have URPMI configured, I have been able to get it working with no difficulty. I am assuming that those reading this now have URPMI setup, if not, please see my post "URPMI and newbies" in this forum.

At the shell, I grabbed root (su) and typed the following commands in:

[root@emedialpt002 jgreer]# urpmi libdvdcss
[root@emedialpt002 jgreer]#  urpmi libdvdread3
[root@emedialpt002 jgreer]#  urpmi libdvdread-utils

I then put a DVD in and started Xine. DVD played with no problems at all. I have not yet tested any other DVD player, but I presume they would work as well.

Hope this helps some of you out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have stable and smooth DVD movie playback in Totem and MDK 10.0 CE!!! Sound too. :headbang:

libdvdcss2-1.2.8-1plf.rpm

libdvdread3-0.9.4-2mdk.rpm

not sure what else. This is the first time I have gotten DVD movie playback working without Totem crashing. (or working at all)

I tested with 4 different DVDs and picture quality is better than in Win98SE!!

Edit: a friend of mine is jealous, cause he could never get his to work. :cheesy:

Edited by Sarissi

• 4 weeks later...

Works almost perfectly. With some of the opening previews for some reason my dvd will eject but if i just fast forward past them i don't seem to have any problems. Totem doesn't work but xine does so frankly thats enough for me. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Now all i need to do is get winex cvs to work so i can leave windows for good.