The new Mandrake 10.0?

Mandriva-user

Well how is the new MDK 10.0 version? and I know the MDK 10.0 is not right now stable

but I know it got lots of new stuff on it.

It should be faster then MDK 9.X?

Edited by Mandrake-user

I haven't noticed anything NEW.... just later versions.

The purpose of the RC is to ttest it prior to relase so Mandrake can fix bugs.

Unless there is something you desperately need in 10, like kernel 2.6 then officially your better off waiting, unless you want to contribute to the testing.

Kernel 2.6 and kde3.2 are nice, faster than the standards of 9.2.

I second Gowator on waiting for the final community release, in about 2 weeks or so.

BTW lots of small improvements, more/better hardware support (bluetooth for instance), updated draktools (some), etcetc.

And yes, it will ship with XFree 4.3.

However, because of the licensing problems with the XF86 team, I think XFree 4.4 won't be shipped with MDK 10 after all.

I noticed the release candidates for 4.4. disappeared for me, from the servers I use for urpmi. Is this the reason?

-Sascha.rb

Ui. Hmm. What was that alternative Window Server called again? And how usable is it already? ;)

Thanks for the info!

-Sascha.rb

I personally still hold high hopes for DirectFB. But it might still take 2 years or something until it's really usable. :( Well, at least most stuff runs already, albeit only in VESA mode, so that's something.

-Sascha.rb

• 2 weeks later...

Any other news about MD 10.0.

Well how is the testing,they fix the bug? B)

aRTee you`r post on your web page

Date: February 24th 2004

I just added the Linux Laptop Challenge, mostly since 2004 is the year of the linux laptop. This may sound like wishful thinking, but if enough people actually wish it, it can happen!

On a side note, this site is one year old this month! And it's had visits from about 70.000 individual ip addresses. Bring out the champagne!!

Other news: I've been busy with lots of things, linuxwise mostly with Mandrake 10 beta (and RC) testing; I should have something up not too long after Mandrake 10.0 becomes final. It's looking good, there are still plenty of bugs to squash, but I am using Mandrake 10 beta/rc since they became available, and all is well: kernel 2.6, KDE 3.2, lots of great things.

Is it possible to let us know when is the final MD 10.0 is out

so some linux boy`s like me can down load it.

Please and thank you for your time.

Mandrake -user

Edited by Mandrake-user