Mutt -> Fetchmail -> Procmail -> SpamAssassin

Crashdamage

Hey, I'm back with another problem. I know where to go when I really need good answers...

I'm working over my Mutt setup again, this time to get mail with fetchmail -> procmail -> spamassassin -> /var/spool/mail or if spam, to ~/mail/SPAM. I've got a lot done, but can't get fetchmail to play nice with procmail.

In ~/.mutt/muttrc, I have:

macro index G "!fetchmail -a\n"

macro pager G "!fetchmail -a\n"

This overrides Mutt's internal pop pager and works fine, though I have to leave the "-a" in, ie,

macro index G "!fetchmail -\n"

doesn't work correctly for some reason - but that's just a curiosity, I'm getting off the point.

Anyway, I disabled my ~/.mutt/mutt.pop so only pop settings in ~/.fetchmail "count".

In my ~/.fetchmailrc I have:

poll pop-server.kc.rr.com protocol pop3 no dns username "tmeador"

No password entry 'cause I don't keep unencripted passwords anywhere on HDs, just enter them manually at login. Anyway, back to the subject...

To get mail into procmail:

mda "usr/bin/procmail -d %T" (or -d %s?)

So, thinking I'm good to go, I enter shift+g...and get...

Enter password for tmeador@pop-server.kc.rr.com:

Cool...but trouble starts after entering my password. Authorization is ok, mail grab begins, but...

fetchmail: Repoll immediately on tmeador@pop-server.kc.rr.com

12 messages for tmeador at pop-server.kc.rr.com (99559 octets).

reading message tmeador@pop-server.kc.rr.com:1 of 12 (5091 octets) ..sh: usr/bin/procmail: No such file or directory

.fetchmail: SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error

fetchmail: socket error while delivering to SMTP host pop-server.kc.rr.com

fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

Press any key to continue...

Now, of course I have /usr/bin/procmail, permissions are: -rwsr-sr-x (6755), executable by everyone. Seems fetchmail can't open procmail to dump the download, or maybe procmail won't take it because then it can't get the mail into spamassassasin??? I'm not running fetchmail, procmail, or spamassasin as daemons, I'm trying to just call them as needed. I've read manpages and Googled myself silly and can't figure this out. Gotta be really simple. Any ideas? If anyone willing to help needs more info, like the macros for spamassassin, etc. I'm using in my ~/.procmailrc - whatever, just ask.

Thanks!