Mandrake-compatible classics

Lord Kenneth

While I enjoy games available on URPMI, such as Beneath a steel sky (Joey is hilarious!) and neverball, I can't find classics such as dungeon or galaga. I know there's an xgalaga out there, but I can't get any rpms of it to work right on my mandrake installation.

Anyone know of any good roguelike games, as well, that aren't text-based? It's just too much a pain in the butt for me to learn all the commands and stuff. I know FalconsEye Nethack works (tip: if you can't get it working set it to run in terminal, the rpm doesn't set that automatically, oops!) but is there anything else?

• 3 years later...
Xgalaga was the best! Please, someone get it to work.
I remember making this for a friend 2 years ago, and you need to have libxpm and libxpm-devel installed. Then do
./configure --with-xpm-lib=/usr/lib/libxpm

to get a makefile. Sorry I can't help you any more, because the most recent code is from 2004, and you will most likely have to modify the /libsprite/data.h and or data.c to make a working binary for Mandriva 2008. I don't have the time to work on this now, if or when I have the time, I will post back here.

Xgalaga was the best! Please, someone get it to work.

I've made an xgalaga rpm for Mandriva 2008. It works ok with the mouse, however I can't get it to save high scores, sorry. Please post here if you want it, and I'll attach it to a pm for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...