Exclusive Linux Users

crock

I use Mandrake almost exclusively. I do have Win98SE installed, but, I rarely boot to it. If I want to do something that has to be done in Windows native boot, then and only then do I boot to it. Otherwise it is Mandrake native and Win4lin. It is getting to the point that I have to think "How do I do this?" in Windows. :cheesy:

I use Mandrake exclusively on my desktops. I really like the whole "urpmi" and cooker thing. I've not tried SuSe yet , but then main reason for that is that you never see a full Suse version on the front cover DVD of a Linux magazine - in comparson Mandrake appear to get everywhere in the UK computer magazines, not just Linux oriented ones.

I've played with Xandros 2.0 , but i really didn't like it - it wasn't my cup of tea.

At work i use Mandrake 9.1 on the desktop , with the 2.6 kernel - and the boxes i administer are mixture of Debian & Redhat.

I've got an instance of Win98 on a dual boot machine at home , but that's only for gaming.

Hi, Im Gowator and Ive been Windows free for at least 5 years.

Well, I have a VMWARE install of windows, I recently installed just to extract the WG511 drivers...but thats another thread.

I am Wine Free as well.

Sometimes, when Im with friends I get tempted, they have a new game or they are using netmeeting or something but I know I can't just try it, even for an instant.

It helps a lot to cut off old suppliers, like Hotmail and MSN. You know if you hang around there long enough someone will tempt you so i just don't hang out there anymore.

If the software I use at work offered a Linux version I would be totally Windows free forever. http://www.vero-software.com

I use Mandrake exclusively at home. :) I've got a few native Linux games but have not played them in a long time. :( Just no time. I loooooove Heretic II. :woops:

The same computer has a Win98SE partition that my kids use for all their kids programs; Reading Blaster, Math Blaster, Carmen Sandiego, etc. Sometimes before I reboot into Linux I sneak in a little Half Life or Delta Force. :unsure:

Once the budget allows I am going to eliminate the dual boot. The Win98 machine will just sit in the corner for the kids use and i'll finally be able to start bragging about uptime. :)

Edit; fixed the bad url.

Edited by SteamCat

I use Linux exclusively. Have for 1 1/2 years now.

Why? I just think it is so much better than windows. (Stability, configurability.) Only reason I can think of for using Windows at all would be if I was more into games like halo, cs etc, but i am fine with tuxracer :P

At work , well thats a different story....

Linux only since about 18 months.

Why?

Q: Well, why does a dog lick its balls?

A: Because he can.

So: because I can.

At work, mandrake move and knoppix just for testing, will at some point install linux on my pc here; had some probs with X and some EDA software, nothing that can't be fixed with the next release.

At home, server and workstations run linux, mostly mandrake. Well, my system sometimes is used to try other distros, RH, Knoppix, will try SuSE 9 soon (given the time..).

My wife uses linux since 12 months or so, used win for a bit for an excel file,.. 30 minutes and 1 crash later she was back into linux...

Linux 90%

XP 10%

why the 90/10 split?

Why indeed.......

CADkey 99 $4,000 US

ToPS 300 $10,000 US

You'd think at those prices they could afford to develop a linux version.

But the money didn't come out of my pocket, so I can't complain too much.

(I still do tho') :furious3: