A few n00bie questions

rjpa

Hi,

I want to try out Mandrake 9.2

I have a few questions about it.

1. I've got a Wireless PCMCIA card (Cisco Aironet 350), does it work with MDK 9.2?

2. I want to use Kernels 2.6+ with XFS support, how and where do I get these for MDK 9.2?

3. I want to update MDK 9.2 from KDE 3.14 to KDE 3.2, how and where do I do this?

I hope the questions above are not too lame.

Cheers

rjpa

First off.. welcome to the board and to Mandrake. Hope you enjoy it

now for your questions....

1. there is a supported hardware list somewhere, but I can't think of the url atm..I would think that it would work no prob. MDK has pretty good hardware support.

2. see this link for help with the kernel upgrade: Installing the 2.6 Kernel, Using urpmi: the easy way

3. There is a topic here about upgrading KDE also, can't find the link though... You should try using the search button at the top of the page.

You could also solve 2 and 3 at the same time and install mdk10 beta2 instead of 9.2, It's still in testing but it has kde 3.2 and uses the 2.6* kernel.

Hope this helps and again welcome

First off.. welcome to the board and to Mandrake.  Hope you enjoy it

now for your questions....

1. there is a supported hardware list somewhere, but I can't think of the url atm..I would think that it would work no prob. MDK has pretty good hardware support.

2. see this link for help with the kernel upgrade: Installing the 2.6 Kernel, Using urpmi: the easy way

3.  There is a topic here about upgrading KDE also, can't find the link though... You should try using the search button at the top of the page.

You could also solve 2 and 3 at the same time and install mdk10 beta2 instead of 9.2,  It's still in testing but it has kde 3.2 and uses the 2.6* kernel.

Hope this helps and again welcome

Thanks for your answer, appreciated.

/rjpa