Menus Empty

kieren

Have you tried this? http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=8481

For me, I found that once I could get menudrake to run, all I had to do was make some minor adjustment then save, and they all came back.

What I found confusing about the "lost menu" thing was that not only were there no menus, but all the file associations were broken too, which was worrying. But as soon as the menus were fixed, everything else was fine.

Thanks, that got my menus back :D

My internet connection is still fubar though. Could this be because of an updated security file or something? I connect to the internet via a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router. My network card is 3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 3C905C-TX. It worked fine until the web update last night. I tried letting it autodetect my settings again mut no joy.

Any suggestions please?

If you're using shorewall, forget the wizard and just read (and if needed adapt) the files in the dir /etc/shorewall

you have to edit the policy file to indicate that the machine itself should be allowed to go on the web.

I found that using the GUI/wizard is fine, until you actually change something by hand -- then the gui will discard that completely. The result is that you can never edit by hand and after that use the gui again...