9.2 UPgrade?

lamprokpr

I thought I would move up to 9.2 for something different, and I was successful. Where my previous 9.1 dhcp auto setup worked flawlessly, the new version keeps giving my router and eth0 the same ip address. I have to reset the router everytime I want to connect, and then redo the wizard. At that point my WinXP machine will also lose it's connection so I will reset the router a second time and then both machines will work for a short time but within a half hour the linux box will lose it's connection for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any ideas before I reformat and go back to 9.1? Thank you in advance!

do you have a static or dynamic IP address? if it's dynamic, a simple fix that sometimes works is shutdown the computer, turn off the ADSL modem, let it off for a minute to clear & reset itself, turn it back on, then reboot. might be worth a shot. i've had to do that already & it worked for me........... :unsure:

EDIT: i don't have a network, so i don't have a router. but, i chose the "upgrade" option when i moved from MDK9.1 to MDK9.2 & it worked flawlessly. but for some reason, i did have to re-enter my ISP info in the final setup configuration screen. after i did that i had nary a problem connecting & staying connected.

Chris

Edited by chris z