Use Linux font in Windows?

Kristof

I just love the font I'm using in KDE. It's called 'Sans' and I believe it is the default font. I would like to use the same font in Windows. Does anybody know where I can download this font or how I can tranfser it to Windows?

I already looked on DaFont.com and 1001Fonts.com but I can't find it there.

I have searched those directories but I haven't found anything. I tried locate sans but that only gave me information about the font Lucida Sans (lucsans).

Here is a screenshot of my fonts, with the Sans font selected.

Any ideas? I would really like to use it in my Windows because I think it kicks the hell out of Verdana and Tahoma :)

Hi, I'm just a newb at all this, so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

AFAIK, the easiest way to use a font both in Windows and in Linux is to have it as a TTF file, as these can be used by either OS (license permitting, I guess).

As regards your font, I believe it's Bitstream Vera (looks the same to me anyhow), which is available from here: http://www.gnome.org/fonts/ and probably many other places. I like it too, but I haven't tried putting the TTFs on my Windows box yet.

I just want to say I love the vera fonts (thanks a lot Bitstream) - I use the mono font for ssh sessions when I have to use win.

The only gotcha is with accented etc characters (not common in english) which may end up looking like some kind of mahjong tile.