10.0 Beta 2 Problems

cardassianscot

Argh! Beta 2 appears to be even more broken than beta 1. BTW if anyone can tell me how to report these bugs, I'd appreciate it.

1. My Speedtouch USB modem will not work although it worked fine with 9.2 and 10.0 Beta 1.

2. While the menu structure is better planned a lot of the programmes I installed did not have entries. These are not minor programmes, e.g. Mozilla, Konqueror, Mplayer, XMMS ...

3. Still no kmail (as far as I can find). There is a kdepim that says it contains kmail or maybe it just uses it but the package is empty, it is O Kb sized and installs nothing.

4. No mozilla mail.

I also have another couple of programmes that I think should be there but aren't, kontact and kopete.

mplayer is in More applications>Multimedia>Video for me. I also have kmail, konq-web-browser, moz....everything. I went beta2 through cooker though, but did have things missing in the menus in beta1. All is good here.

Edited by bvc

I had

ML9.2rc2>9.2 via cooker>10 via cooker> lost everything with a stupid mistake>installed ML10beta1 via cd1.iso burned to a cd, did a minimal install and updated from init 3 with cooker>updated all the new stuff yesterday again through a cooker mirror. That's al the iso's are....a snapshot/iso of a 'hopefully' working cooker.

/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

ClubInternetFR ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS {
 hdlist: hdlist.ClubInternetFR.cz
 with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
 key-ids: 70771ff3
}

ClubIntContrib ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/contrib/i586 {
 hdlist: hdlist.ClubIntContrib.cz
 with_hdlist: ../../cooker/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
 key-ids: 70771ff3
}

ClubIntPLF ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/mandrake/cooker {
 hdlist: hdlist.ClubIntPLF.cz
 with_hdlist: hdlist.cz
 list: list.ClubIntPLF
 key-ids: caba22ae
}

Raven ftp://raven.cslab.vt.edu/pub/linux/mandrake/9.1/contrib/i586 {
 hdlist: hdlist.Raven.cz