WYSIWYG-editor to Mandrake.

tarantell

Hello.

Do somebody here now where I can download a nice WYSIWYG-editor for Mandrake??

I'm using Mandrake 9.2 with KDE 3.1 Norwegian version. But I can of course speak English to :D

Right now, i'm using Mozilla Composer and Bluefish, but I don't like them.

I'm tanking for all help.

Sorry for bad inglish speaking.

//Tarantell

You probably need to get away from WYSIWIG html editing , and start to hand code HTML.

Learning PHP would help too , and this can automate dramatically the generation of entire webpages - quite complex ones too. In fact, this entire bulletin board is generated by PHP.

My favourite editor is Kate , although I hear that the latest KDevelop is pretty cool at handling PHP code.

Nothing beats hand coding - you learn a heck of a lot doing it that way.And if you throw in PHP, you can get PHP to auto-generate most of the HTML for you.

Now having said all of the above, there is one tool you should check out , and it rocks -

Mambo Open Server.

It's a PHP app that allows you to generate entire websites via a templating system.

More on it here:

Mambo Server

Mandrake 9.2 with KDE 3.1 Norwegian version.

Good to see more norwegians here B)

Velkommen skal du være, her er det mye vennlige og ikke minst hjelpsomme folk!

Mandrake 9.2 with KDE 3.1 Norwegian version.

Good to see more norwegians here B)

Velkommen skal du være, her er det mye vennlige og ikke minst hjelpsomme folk!

Hello.

Takker. Du er tilfeligvis ikke intresert i å la meg være med på Linuxprojekt.tk??

Er ganske intresert i å drive sånt. Akkurat nå diver jeg og skriver en 18 siders lang dokument om Mandrake. Dette er for Fri Programvare-folka.

Du kan kontakte meg på swaisi(alfakrøll)hot

--------------------------------------------------

Wel, I have printed 80 sites about PHP and I have make a site. but when I try to show in on the browser, nothing happened.

I think I need PHP, and MYSQL-program, but I dont find it. I have been sourching, but I cant find it.

Can somebody please help my with this?

Tanks

Edited by tarantell

you need to install php and mysql locally if you want to run php/mysql apps on your box.

you can use urpmi to install them - but , it's probably easily to use RPMDrake in KDE to install them - search for mysql or php.

if you dont have apache locally, install that as well.

If you have installed Apache, PHP and MySQL, you have to place your .php-files in /var/www/html/ or you can specify another folder in your Apache config files.

To the Norwegian guys: Kurt Nilsen's new song is great! I'm very glad that he won the World Idol competition. Take that Will Young! :)

If you have installed Apache, PHP and MySQL, you have to place your .php-files in /var/www/html/ or you can specify another folder in your Apache config files.

To the Norwegian guys: Kurt Nilsen's new song is great! I'm very glad that he won the World Idol competition. Take that Will Young! :)

Kurt Nilsen sucks....

He is the only good thing Norway has.

I'm afraid we're going way off topic here, but I can't let this one stand without responding.

First of:

- Oil, Norway's got tons of oil!

- We've got probably one of the best social security systems in the world

- A very well working democracy and a freedom loving people

- Quoting a foreign college of mine: "even the ugly girls in Norway are beautiful"

- Amazing nature with VERY different seasons

- Northern mythology and viking history

- Turbonegro, the best hard rock band in the world :headbang:

Kurt Nilsen is a product of the media. Yes, he is good, but not THAT good, we've got sooooo much more to offer.

Sorry again for going off-topic here :oops:

heck - i'm going to Norway on holidays this summer. The Norweigian Tourist board sent me an unbelievable amount of brochures and maps in the post , after I sent a simple request from one of their websites.

Looks like a stunning country - it'll be my first visit , and i can't wait for it.

(oh - lest we forget,Norway gave us the superb "A-ha" - yes,i'm a bit of a 80s synth freak...)