Creating a logo for: Rainbow

chris:b

I am trying to make a logo for my Rainbow CD. Running out of ideas, and struggling with The Gimp. Look at my avatar - that's what I made so far. But I am not really happy yet.

Want it to be simple, clear, has to fit into/contrast with the grey-white look of the LiveCD.

Any ideas?

With your present concept, I would "soften" the look of the rainbow and fade it at the edges. A soft look could also encompass more of the lable (slightly more) without being overbearing.

Ahh, thanks to both of you. - And while playing with fading in and out and in, I suddenly knew what I didn't like. It's too much in there for a simple logo. The circle, the light-blue in the circle, the rainbow, the circle shadow and the term 'Rainbow', and the frame.

So I went back to a different concept which is already in my wallpaper, made a logo out of it:

post-31-1075570286.ibf

I like the concept.  How about colouring the letters: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet - the current repetition is a bit unrainbow-like.  :)

Yep, tried that some weeks ago - the result was a bit confusing, so I stick with basic colours, I thought.

My temporary 0.02beta version (of the logo) is now on my web site, with frame, I made a frameless too.

here the logo on my website

It seems to be a feature of this board that when you quote my posts, it uses your time zone... My quotes are later than your posts...  :huh:

:lol: :lol:

Just checked if I have set my timezone correct, I guess, yes.

Indeed funny, huh?

Thanks for your feedback, spinynorman !