Cafe Press Fundraiser

Concerning bandwidth: anyway to pay for more, perhaps utilize some fund-raising here?

If you would like my recommendation, I would say check this out: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/

You give them text and graphics and they put it on tshirts, coffee mugs, and other things and then there is a base price that they charge for the items, but you can charge more than that and make a profit. It's free to set up. B)

Concerning bandwidth: anyway to pay for more, perhaps utilize some fund-raising here?

If you would like my recommendation, I would say check this out: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/

You give them text and graphics and they put it on tshirts, coffee mugs, and other things and then there is a base price that they charge for the items, but you can charge more than that and make a profit. It's free to set up. B)

actually, gnubie, I was planning on setting one of those up shortly. all proceeds would be donated to anon to use for server costs and the like. that is, if anon would accept it, of course. i'd be making the graphics, using various quotes and ideas and other things from the board, and probably asking scoopy and cjc for permission to use the logo and so forth.

i plan to work on it this coming weekend.

i planned on doing it along side the one i mean to set up for my website. a lot of the stuff would be quotes from the IRC channel, and general board jokes (such as "I bought anon a beer and all I got was this crappy shirt!"-to steal that common phrase).

and of course, Evil Mod :tm: t-shirts

Ok, we need to find out how much interest there really is, decide on prices etc. Tyme and I are going to work on this together and get started on setting things up. We need to know what items, t-shirts, coffee cups, hats, etc. It's free for one item but costs to set up more than one. All ideas welcome!

here are a few examples of base prices (we have to raise them for profit, just giving an idea of where we're starting to see how much people would be willing to -donate-)

T-Shirt: 13.99

Long-Sleeve T-shirt: 18.99

Golf Shirt: 16.99

Hooded Sweatshirt: 24.99

Mug: 10.99

Stein: 13.99

Any thoughts on how much you would pay above those base prices?

Another thought I just had: if we could convert out FAQ's to PDF format, we could create a book through cafepress. Just another option.

Here is my suggestions:

T-shirt $18.00

Long sleeve $22.00

Golf shirt $24.00

Hooded sweat $30.00

mug $16.00

stein $20.00

All prices plus shipping

I thought of something else.

A $25.00 donation gets you a mug or stein and a handsome certificate naming you a friend of Mandrakeusers.org.

A $50.00 donation gets you a golf shirt and a certificate naming you a supporter of Mandrakeusers.org.

A $100.00 donation gets you a mug and golf shirt and a certificate naming you a resident of Mandrakeusers.org