I'm addicted!

I'm addicted to linux...lol...I think I need to go to LA (linux anon....not the city :-P)...I wanna play games...but they won't run on wine...all I wanna play is C&C: Red Alert (an RTS from 1996-1997), but it won't work with wine...so...it's either somehow find an emulator that can run it...build a new comp...or look for a self-help book on linux addiction :P

So...anyone know where I can get either a windoze emulator for games, money for a new comp, or that book? :P

Michel - AWESOME! :-P Actually, I never tried RA...but if normal C&C wouldn't work (2 versions...even tried the DOS form of both)...I figured RA wouldn't either :-P

Gnubie - dosbox????

lol...I am dual booted...I just can't stand windoze...lol...only reason I keep it is for:

a ) wine progs that wine can't install

b ) wine progs I already have on the windoze drive and don't feel like putting on linux

c ) I can't set up my mom's email account on evolution, and she doesn't understand linux anyways...all she knows how to do is reboot :-P (I think...)

the main reasons I don't go to windoze:

a ) SOO FREAKING SLOW! slower than linux...which is really slow on my comp (64MB SDRAM)

b ) GAIM RULES! no way I'm going back to trillian...even for just a few minutes! :-P

c ) Linux is the greatest thing man has ever created :D

Edited by Urza9814

It seems you need to install the game first using wine.

...except you can't...for the old (normal) version, it opens the window, then closes it immediatly...the new (gold) version, it gets to 20%, then freezes

[edit]

ok...now that I actually read that :-p

that's only the gold version...which I'm not using...and yea...it won't work under wine...but you can install it under windows too...it's just to get some files that are compressed or something...

Edited by Urza9814

ummm, What are some of the signs of LDS? (Linux Dependency Syndrome)

let's see, putting up with no sound on an old 200Mhz computer rather than running ... the 'other' OS?

Having only been messing with puters for a little over a year and getting their first copy Linux-Mandrake6.2?

Walking in to the office at work, seeing a sys32 failure or even a full grown BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH and sadly shaking a head and the first thought that comes to mind is propagated ignorance?

Being, professionally, non-technical and pestering a 25+ year Systems Analyst friend with Linux News and SCOX Reports. (and aforementioned friend actually has Linux 1.0 on a stack of 5.25 floppies downloaded from ARCANET.)

Is any of this symtomatic?

:headbang:

hmmmmm, could BE?