I want to watch TV on a MX440

Technonoid

Hi Technonoid

Are you sure you have a TV in connection behind your card? Because I basically have the same card (gforce mx440) and I only have a TV out .. no TV in. I need a seperate card to have the TV in (happagauge TVfm).

Anyway, if you do have a TV in plug, load the proper driver (modprobe 'drivername' .. lsmod to check if it is loaded) and try TVtime. I was using Xawtv before TVtime and man .. this prog run very smoothly on my computer. Here is the website.

http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

MOttS

Hi Technonoid

Are you sure you have a TV in connection behind your card?  Because I basically have the same card (gforce mx440) and I only have a TV out .. no TV in.  I need a seperate card to have the TV in (happagauge TVfm).

Anyway, if you do have a TV in plug, load the proper driver (modprobe 'drivername' .. lsmod to check if it is loaded) and try TVtime.  I was using Xawtv before TVtime and man .. this prog run very smoothly on my computer.  Here is the website.

http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

MOttS

I sure am... I watch TV with winXP and ASUS VCR all the time. But, I need to to this in linux cause I have a mysql database I need to serve. My video card came with a multi port cable for Composite IN and OUT, s-video IN and OUT, and I use them all.

Note: It is not a TV Tuner. And besides, I have Direct TV. A tuner would do me no good.

Guess I should be asking for Capture Software ??

Tech

• 5 weeks later...

* bump *

Ok, after sometime....

I tried again, got a little further this time.

I compiled rivatv.. No problems...

I installed tvtime... No problems...

When I run tvtime, it detects that I am using Composite In.. But, all I get is a green screen. In the terminal window its scrolling real fast saying something like:

Can't get frame 0.. blah blah

something else

Can't get frame 1.. blah blah

something else, but same error with reference to frame 1

Can't get frame 2.. blah blah

something else,.....

It repeats this continually until I quit tvtime.

I'm sorry I don't have the exact errors. I'm not at home and forgot exactly what they said. I will post them later when I get back home. Thought maybe someone else has had this problem..