Axis & Allies w/WineX 3.2.1-1

I have the old Axis & Allies game and figured for sure that it would be supported under WineX, since Diablo II works so well, so I tried to install it. It installs without a hitch, but when I start it, the startup screen comes up and it plays the intro movies fine and even recognizes my mouse clicks to bypass them. Then I'm at the screen where I can start a game or do basic training. No matter what I pick, the button pushes in, does not come back up and the speakers do a pulsing buzz at me and the game locks up. It won't let me Alt-Tab to minimize the window (presumably because of my WM Fluxbox using Alt-Tab to navigate between windows), but I can Alt-Tab until I think I have focus on the terminal window I started it from and do a Ctrl-C to kill it. I see no error messages on the terminal window I attempt to start it from. I've tried installing with and without installing DirectX 5.0 along with it, with the same problems.

I would try to run it in a smaller window to see if that works instead of fullscreen, but I have no clue how to do that.

Any ideas?

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire