Problems w/ booting into WinXP

Lord Kenneth

I have two HDDs, one is 30 GB (Linux) and the other is 120 GB (windows).

If linux is on the first HDD, the master, I cannot boot into Windows no matter how hard I try w/ LILO. If I set the first boot device in BIOS to hd1 instead of hd0 system just stops after post.

If I try to access windows through LILO, almost same thing happens, I get a damn small blinking line on the screen. HDD light on computer does not turn red, so it's not accessing data.

This is driving me crazy! Why won't windows boot up as slave /w Linxux on master?

And yes, I need WinXP to play games.

:help:

You'll notice in my sig that I have 2-3 os's on my system. Windex gets the first boot because it just doesn't want to play nice. So windex is hda1, and Mandrake is hdd1, while currently SuSE is hdd8. I have room on my windex drive to add another system, which would also work. Windex just needs to be hda1.

Having said that, your problem does not sound like a windex issue. If it is stopping after post, perhaps you have inadvertantly messed up the mbr! I would put windex as primary boot device, make sure it boots, and install lilo on that boot record. Linux won't care where it is!

Ixthusdan I would put windex as primary boot device, make sure it boots, and install lilo on that boot record. Linux won't care where it is!

You right that what I did with Win98,WinXP-Pro and MD9.1

it just worked perfect.

Tnx md-user :D