Clicks

AussieJohn

Here is a trick I discovered for myself. I am Using Mageia-2 and KDE. It also worked with Mageia-1 and I am certain it will work with any OS that uses KDE.

When you right click in any open or part open window space you will get a pop-up menu that offers a choice <LEAVE>, clicking on <LEAVE> presents another pop-up menu offering

log-out, shutdown or reboot. Clicking reboot starts the process through to the boot menu where you choose what you want, click on it and the process then runs through to the Login Screen.

Here is the trick.......

When you get the <LEAVE> pop-up menu, don't just click on it, instead hold the mouse left click button down and in a moment or two the Boot menu will appear. While still holding the mouse left click button down, slide the mouse pointer over the choice you require on the boot menu and only then release the mouse button. The process starts immediately and proceeds non-stop through to the Login Screen.

While this only saves about 2 or so seconds by making one action unnecessary, what it also does is join two useless short intervals into one longer one that you can utilise for say grabbing a quick drink. So there are two benefits. Thank you KDE.

Cheers. John.

• 4 weeks later...
While this only saves about 2 or so seconds by making one action unnecessary, what it also does is join two useless short intervals into one longer one that you can utilise for say grabbing a quick drink.
Now to find me a 2 second drink :thumbs: