Stream to Xbox w/ Cover Art?

liquidzoo

Hi everyone...remember me? :P

Haven't been able to determine if this is possible without using a media server (like XBMC, etc).

Is there something out there that will allow me to stream from my computer to my Xbox360s that would also include the embedded cover art?

I have a ton of mp4 movies and tv shows, all of which have cover art that has been embedded using iTunes in Windows. Lately I've been wanting to go back to using Linux more or less full time (haven't picked a distro, yet) and I'm hoping that I can get this functionality.

I could use Plex, and I would have to with my Roku; but I'm really hoping that there is something else out there for the Xboxes because Plex, as wonderful as it may be, has issues. An example of this would be the fact that it shows Mission Impossible and Mission Impossible 3 as the same title, with the same cover art (hence my desire to have it read the cover art that is already embedded in the file).

I've been reading around and seeing some programs that do parts of what I want to do, but not all.

I could always use a media center, I know, but it would be harder to get that working with the Xbox (especially because I think that the only Media Center option for the 360 is WMC).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the party, but I don't know if what you want can be done. I certainly don't know how to.

Have you seen those little MK802 Mini-pcs (ebay or other online sellers)? Run a linux distro on it and your away. I'm pretty sure I've read that there is even a XBMC distro for it (or that could be for the RaspberryPI?)

These babies run off a usb (so only 5volt) and have insane amounts of computing power.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.