UT2003 in mandrak 9.2 peristent probs!

Braveheart1980

I use mandrake 9.2 for a couple of weeks and i tried -with no success- to instal ut2003

Here is what i did step by step :

(1) Disabled supermount through MCC

(2) Rebooted

(3) mounted the 3rd cd and copied linux_installer.sh to my /home/user/ dirctory . After that i umounted the drive and inserted cd1 ( play disk ) without mounting it .

(4) opened a terminal , su root , and wrote " export SETUP_CDROM=/mnt/cdrom2 "

(5) ./linux_installer.sh . I get this screen :

"

[root@localhost george]# ./linux_installer.sh

Copying to a temporary location...

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 2003 for GNU/Linux 2107......................................................................

Gtk-WARNING **: GModule initialization check failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

Gtk-WARNING **: GModule initialization check failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

Mounted device /dev/hdd

mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

"

(6) choosed directory and clicked begin

(7) The installer works ok for a few seconds but afterwards it says (under base install)

" extras/ip_passthrough.pl " and it does nothing more . No hd action no cd reading nothing.

I have one dvd rom (plextor) mounted @ /mnt/cdrom2 and one cd recorder (mounted @ /mnt/cdrom) . My new fstab (after disabling supermount) is :

"

/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1

none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=iso9660,exec,ro,--,user,noauto,iocharset=iso8859-7,dev 0 0

/dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom2 iso9660 user,noauto,iocharset=iso8859-7,dev,ro 0 0

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto codepage=869,noauto,nodev,user,iocharset=iso8859-7,sync,nosuid,unhide,umask=0 0 0

/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat umask=0,codepage=869,iocharset=iso8859-7 0 0

/dev/hdb5 /mnt/win_c2 vfat umask=0,codepage=869,iocharset=iso8859-7 0 0

/dev/hda6 /mnt/win_d ntfs umask=0,ro,iocharset=iso8859-7 0 0

none /proc proc defaults 0 0

/dev/hda4 swap swap defaults 0 0

"

I also found something also interesting:

(1) Before running the installer i can mount / unmount the cdrom.After running the installer i cannot

(2) I inserted the 2nd cd in my drive , unmounted it , ran the installer and it still stops @ the same point. So i understand that it does not even read the cd !!!!

Plese someone help me ! It is really embarassing for me not 2 be able to play this great game!!

:furious3::furious3::wall::wall::wall:

I have Libranet 2.8.1 and i just went to isntall ut2003

Im getting some sort of gtk-warning error.

mad@Linux:~$ ./linux_installer.sh

Copying to a temporary location...

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 2003 for GNU/Linux 2199....................................................................

its not letting me see the user agrement thing, so i cant install the game. atleast thats what i think is happening. I know this is a mandrake board but the libranet one sucks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was having the same problems with ut2003 (non goty) also, then I had a crazy idea, why not try to install as root?

It is installing now.

This might not be a good idea for every one, but I install all my games to a seperate partition, so I don't think it can hurt anything, but I'm not sure.

Anyway.. for those who are as frustrated as I was it might be worth a try.

Hi there,

I just re-installed UT2003 a few days ago, had the same problem as user. Installing the game as root solved my problems, no disabling supermount or the like needed.

-Sascha.rb

• 4 weeks later...

Dit you guys see this Database with links and the faq?

http://www.icculus.org/lgfaq/gamelist.php

http://www.icculus.org/lgfaq :D

(A lot of tips here)

I have UT2K3 running on MDK 9.2.

It took some time to try out all the options to get the right one,

but it's running quite smooth now.

Also see this topic:

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=8848

Edited by Kosh