A couple hardware questions

Gnubie

USB devices tend to be easier to get working than you might expect. I've never used a USB network interface, but you could try just plugging it in and seeing if Mandrake Control Centre picks its up. I've used solid state memory mp3 players (sadly not my own :( ) with Linux before, just plugged it in and it was automatically added as a hard drive.

I guess from the fact that you're posting means its not that simple. On the mp3 side I would suggest seeing its detected at all. Look in "/dev" and see if a new device appears (probably called something like sda1). If yes then create a directory and as root:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/mp3player (edit as required)

PS If anyone knows of a portable solid state (ie not hd) player that plays ogg vorbis files let me know. I've never found one I like.

Edited by mtweidmann

In short, you'll need the following installed:

Bluez (www.bluez.org)

Gnome-bluetooth (includes all the obex stuff, urpmi it - I'm assuming you use Gnome, there is a KDE project as well)

And, most importantly, bluetooth support must be compiled into your kernel explicitly for the best results.

Also, read through some of these how-tos: http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

You'll be running gnome-obex-server (make sure gnome-vfs in installed) to copy files to and from the jukebox (haven't done this meself, but it will work, I'm quite sure).

The Belkins are compatible and work just fine. It's a case of learning by reading, like anything in Linux ;)

oh, and I doubt the jukebox will show up as a dev, you only need the dongle to show up as hci0 (use hciconfig hci0 up to get it going) and then your obex server will sort out the rest.

Open Nautilus and browse to bluetooth:/// (must have gnome-vfs) and your jukebox will show up, you can drag n drop files to it).