Mandriva only boots to grub screen after update

Guest whits

Hi All,

I am new to mandriva. I have only just installed mandriva & have been exploring it & a notice appeared saying new updates were available. I went ahead & installed the updates. I noticed that when the updates were installing that I couldn't access any programs or applications except for the ones that were opened. I thought this was a bit archaic as most linux distros & windows OS update in the background. After the updates were installed, which took quite a while, I turned the computer off as it was late at night. I started the computer the next morning & the mandriva splash screen appeared then the grub srceen came up & stayed there with a blinking cursor. I have tried to start the computer numerous times but get the same result. I do not have the have a great knowledge of the linux system so I will need a basic step by step help. I would like to be able to fix the problem instead of a reinstall, to help me learn.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

There was a systemd issue on the updates that was fixed the nextt day but somehow you fell in the crack of that day gap.

You need to get the latest systemd from the update source.