Mandriva decision delayed again

spinynorman

More from the Mandriva Blog today:

Unfortunately, the bid proposed by the external entity has been refused by a minority shareholder and we cannot go for this solution. Fortunately, the financial situation – far better than expected – allow us to search for a new way to solve the current issue until mid-February. We’ll be able to count on the help of the Paris Region Economic Development Agency for this important move.

I think this minority share holder is a bit silly. I would have expected shareholders would accept funding to improve their financial position, rather than vetoing it, and possibly ending up with erm, nothing? :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody heard any more about this? According to their blog ( last updated Jan 30 ) they were supposed to get an answer by mid-February.

Banjo

(_)=='=~

I'm lost as well, at this point they still have the same post they had back in Jan 30th....somebody has heard anything?...

Silence is not a good sign.

I am still getting tons of updates for the 2010.2 distro that I have installed on my machine, so I guess they are not totally gone yet. But no news is not necessarily good news in this case.

Banjo

(_)=='=~