• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Jza

Modifying default networking scripts

I am currently having issues with my networking because networkmanager is by default activated as the main manager to handle connectivity.

I am able to disable it through mcc but each time I tried again is re-activated.

How can I edit the default option for Network manager. I attached a screenshot of the option I want disabled by default.post-2044-0-69874600-1319830538_thumb.png

Have you tried using systemadm the graphical frontend to systemd? Invoke it with kdesu systemadm. If that doesn't work try via the terminal as root:

systemctl disable networkmanager.service

• Upvote 1

There is a thread on Mandriva Forums about removing network manager. I recall that networkmanager must also be disabled somewhere in the system tray. My attempts to remove/bypass networkmanager failed, and I just gave up on Mandriva 2011 altogether, even though it gave me the best battery life.

Wow from a Mandriva Guru this seems like a weak reason to give up on it.

I am able to connect, just make it painful from time to time.

Wow from a Mandriva Guru this seems like a weak reason to give up on it.

I am able to connect, just make it painful from time to time.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: In my test, Mandriva 2011 proved to be less stable than other distros I tried.