Mandriva 2011 install failure

Guest Wombl

Hello.

I tried to install the new Mandriva 2011 on my Samsung NC20 Netbook. For this i boot the Live System.

after the boot menu the boot screen appears for some minutes. Then, at the point where normally the Desktop should start, a testscreen appears.

Its a number of Fullscreen Basic colors followed by a white to black fading picture. then it repeats again and again.

I cannot reach the console but it seems like the bootprocess continue to the end.

How can i solve this? do i need other xserver drivers (openchrome)? How i can use them before installation?

TecSpecs of the system:

12" Netbook

VIA NANO Cpu 1.3GHz

VIA Chrome HC9 Graphics

2gb RAM

I hope my english is understandable.

Thanks a lot

Wombl

Greetings! I have the usual questions for you. Did you burn with a good disk at a slower speed? Did you verify the integrity of the download?

Hi, thx for the answer.

jes the dvd is working good in this drive and is verified. former i installed ubuntu 11.04 and later linux Mint with the same type of disk without any problems.

edit: I found this Site: http://www.linlap.com/wiki/samsung+nc20

Thy say to edit the xorg.conf. The resolution and the vesa driver is incorrect. Seems that i have to change this manually.

How i can get access to this before installation? Is there any startparameter to boot into commandline before starting X?

Thx

Wombl

Edited by Wombl

At the boot menu, try vgalo or text install. I am troubled that the live media will not load; you may need to download the full iso. I do not think the document from 2009 is relevant in this case, as it is rather dated.

You need to move past the install in order to utilize better drivers for your graphics. While a text install may be tedious, it will make a system where you can better configure a tricky graphics problem. I think X is the problem. If I had to install text mode, I would be sure to install the system first. Configure urpmi to have access on line from the community. Then I would install X. All of this can be done from the command line. If you like having a gui while at the command line, install mc (Midnight Commander). After getting X, then choose KDE or gnome (or whatever).