Looking for a USB MP3 player

banjo

I am looking for a simple MP3 player that will mount as a USB drive on my Mandy system so that I can drop music files on it and then play them. I would prefer that it have a replaceable (AAA) battery so that I won't have to toss out the device when the battery quits working.

I have searched linux-usb and Googled the question, but every device I find appears to be out of production. I just want to store a few songs to listen to as an aid to learning how to play them. I am not looking to create a huge library of material or buy things from tune stores. The Creative Technology, Ltd MuVo V100 is the sort of thing that I am looking for, but they appear to be no longer available.

Does anybody know of any USB players that are simple, relatively cheap, capable of playing standard format files, and work with Linux?

Thanks,

Banjo

I have a 1GB RCA Pearl that I would consider trading. It uses a single AAA battery. When plugged into (USB) my Mandriva 2010.2 system, I can drag and drop mp3 files into it for playback. The device is probably two years old but has been used only sparingly as my daughter quickly outgrew it.

Do you have any computer hardware you could offer in a trade?

I really don't have anything I could swap right now.

After looking online and reading the reviews for these devices I think that, since my use would be very limited, I might just put the MP3 on my eeepc and listen to it on that.

Thanks for the offer.

Banjo

(_)=='=~