Linux on your Router or Wireless Access Point

ianw1974

I've got various pieces of hardware at home, but sometimes it was a bit annoying from one piece of hardware to the next. Some had more functionality, and some didn't and neither would have what I needed. Then came the age-old problem that sooner or later, no more firmware updates are released by the vendor. Although it's not a problem, because you can always change it. And so, welcome DD-WRT.

Now, my hardware has much more functionality. I'm now running Linux on my router, and will most likely now be able to upgrade to newer DD-WRT firmware as it becomes available. Now, my web interfaces on all my devices are now the same. I have a Netgear WG602v3 and ASUS WL-330gE running DD-WRT and in terms of management, everything is in the same place on both devices. I have functionality that I never had before, and I have some cool features such as showing me the quality of wireless signal.

Outstanding is my ASUS RT-N10 router which I'm looking to upgrade in the near future smile

Some screenshots from my hardware.....

post-10327-0-49500700-1300461047_thumb.png

post-10327-0-30449800-1300461056_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

I have this running on my Netgear WNR3500L, my only wish is that it be easier to setup a USB drive to share on the network via SAMBA. Other than that, it's much better than the stock firmware.