The "Real Desktop" thread!

jlc

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The little monitor belongs to my play computer and yeah, when I took the photo I was running the suse live eval cd on it. Just finished downloading all 5 cd's and am planning on installing it on my notebook.

My main linux box runs Mandrake 9.2 though.

• 2 weeks later...

ill post my computer room pictures.. In my room i have a mandrake firewall mnf/snf p4 2.6gig server webserver a desktop running mandrake ( toy ) and my apple powerbook witch is wireless 54g TOO!!! BUt my server went down for some reason today i dont know yet.. so ill know in a whyle..

Here is my little corner in the livingroom. The old laptop there is running Fedora (currently it's defekt, but I'll get it up again soon) and my Shuttle har Mandrake/XP on it, I'm afraid it's XP you see on this picture... sorry guys, but it's not everything I've learned to use Mandrake for yet.

I've got an 11Mbit wireless network at home. The Shuttle is connected through a normal cable while the laptop(s) uses wireless. Since we only have a two-room flat, my girlfriend forces me to hide the equipment as you see :unsure:

post-31-1074908685.jpg

Edited by TopDog

Here is my room lastnight..i was up till 5 am working on my server that some one got into and fillede the hard drive up.. Good thing they didnt do much damage and all my webpage and coppermine files are still there : O) FEWWW!!

post-31-1075063052.jpg

who need's furniture : O) im going to build soon a better desk and a rack case made of wood to keep this beast quieter.. i took it apart and did some mods to the server already the stock fans were so loud so i changed the voltage so the fans run quieter..

This is my desk at work (school). My desk at home is much more spartan.

1. Pet turantula

2. P4 HT MDK 9.2

3. P4 HT Windows XP (my boss says I HAVE to have a windows box...regardless if all it does is crunch seti units

4. G4 450Mhz used for monitoring our Xserves on campus

5. HP Scanjet 3500c

6. Logitech key and mouse. mmmmm...wireless

7. bluetooth mouse

8. My powerbook

9. belkin KVM

10. Baystack 350T switch

realdesktop.sized.jpg

biggie sized: http://www.hostdub.com/albums/ezroller/realdesktop.jpg

and me diligantly working on pressing matters.....

DSCF0045.sized.jpg

edit: added one of my sweet little girl:

DSCF0005.sized.jpg

i love mac.. How do you like your powerbook..

I curently have the g4 1gig 17" pb.. and love it..

the one thing i have to say i dislike about the 12" powerbook is the screen is just way to small..