Problems with Mandrake 9.2

Cyberdude93

I downloaded and burned the ISO. To make things more clear this is how it went for me on a working machine:

Got the start up screen and pressed enter

A lot of text comes and goes

It loads files in to memory quite quickly

You're at the install GUI

I get the startup screen alright (Press Enter to install, F1 for more options), and everything's fine up until it tried to attach IDE drivers. I kept getting the message "hda: Lost interrupt" every 30 or so seconds. After a few messages it would give a message that sounds like a working one would get (can't remember exactly) then it would do the same for my 2nd hard drive (hdb). I would then get the screen where it WOULD say loading into memory, but it doesn't yet. Eventually, it slowly starts to load stuff into memory, but hangs mid-way. I never get to the GUI.

If there's no solutions I'd like to try Mandrake 9.1, but I can't find any versions (and no one seems to be seeding the torrent). Any ideas?

Hardware specs:

ASRock K7S8X Motherboard (and this is probably the problem, it's given Knoppix some problems too)

512MB DDR Ram

2400+ (2ghz) Athlon XP

Geforce 4 ti4200

try to use nodma and/or noacpi at the boot prompt and run the installer again. The installer still has some issues that are not a problem once linux is installed.