Black and White

chris:b

nice :) i need to start doing more wallpapers, but i really need a digital camera because i love doing image manipulation (and i feel bad using my friends pictures :( even though he doesn't have a problem w/it)

Thanks anon and bvc ...

The web album incl the thumbnails: using gthumb - there are some nice templates (in my case the theme is: NeatRound) build-in, you just highlight the images you want, click on tools - create webalbum, choose a template, some text .. and you are done. I like gthumb. Newest version 2.2.0 for MDK 9.2, chip cuccio's rpms:

http://norlug.org/~chipster/rpm_index.pxml?cat=4

And the KDE default version MDK 9.2 now has a similiar add-on for Konqueror. Is is not installed by default, but on the cd: kdeaddons-konqimagegallery. Copy your images to a sep dir, navigate to this dir, click on extras - create gallery. You have some options there: fonts, text, background color etc. Very nice too.

Edited by anna

:lol: :woops: uhmm....how sad. I use gthumb almost daily to browse and set the bkground in gnome (gentoo) and never tried the web gallery in it. I even hunted and installed pixieplus (kde/qt) to have an easy thumnailer and there is was...in gthumb. I need to slow down and explore a little more :juggle:

Same with konq. I have kde3.2beta (mandrake) and the konq plugin but haven't taken the time to dig and find where it is. Thx for telling me. I'll check it out tonight! :woops: :thumbs: