2 Screen Cards on Mandrake 9

AA

Well I have learned that if you want to run 2 screen cards (AGP & PCI)where one supports hardware acceleration and the other one doesn't there aint no way in hell you're gonna run them both at the same time and still have hardware acceleration on the AGP card.

That's my conclusion.

Well I have learned that if you want to run 2 screen cards (AGP & PCI)where one supports hardware acceleration and the other one doesn't there aint no way in hell you're gonna run them both at the same time and still have hardware acceleration on the AGP card.  

That's my conclusion.

That's probably correct. But I know that with a card that has dual heads, you can have 3D going, as I played Quake 3 and UT2K3 on a monitor and TV at the same time once. I think it's a driver limitation, and it may even state that in the readme file, not too sure.

You may want to look at /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README and see if it has any info about it though.

I *think* this is an NVidia driver problem and not an XFree problem.

• 3 months later...
Sorry, I'm just having a bad day..... :oops:

Thanks for saying sorry SoulSe, I guess we all have bad days sometimes. lets hope this thread continues peacefully. I don't want to start deleting posts.

Anon. Moderator

Fact is Soul made a very vaild point. A guy posts a question and instead of being pointed in the right direction, he is attacked over his choice. Seems to me a better reply could have been:

Go to the following links to help you config dual monitor.

http:....

http:....

by the way, in my humble opinion (IMHO if you prefer) that card isn't much better than another for less money. Just a thought.

More people might make the plunge into the world of linux if they saw friendly helpful people assisting noobs with their questions.