Kernel vulnerability

chris z

i was surfing around & came across this......

http://isec.pl/vulnerabilities04.html

since i don't fully understand the technical speak, i don't know if this is worth worrying too much about. but, i figured i'd post it for those that might care.

Chris

Guest kuchwas

It is good to be aware of it, especially if you are a major kernel hacker. All the good distros watch it closely (actually there is an ML) and will patch and distribute their kernels very quickly. Mandrake has an updates mailing list for all updates, including kernel. Those notices are on this board usually at the same instant they hit my mail box. (Some MaJik there!) :unsure:

It is good to be aware of it, especially if you are a major kernel hacker.  All the good distros watch it closely (actually there is an ML) and will patch and distribute their kernels very quickly.  Mandrake has an updates mailing list for all updates, including kernel.  Those notices are on this board usually at the same instant they hit my mail box.  (Some MaJik there!)  :unsure:

we have the bash script MASTER aru to thank for that :)