Panels

AussieJohn

I have done a clean install of Mandriva-Spring (i586) on a completely reformatted 320Gb WD drive.

I can set up a panel on the left side of screen OK. What I cannot do is drag and drop icons on either of the two panels (usual bottom and the added side) as I usually can do. I can drop widgets OK, but that is not what I need/want.

When I was trying out the 64 bit Spring, I had no such problem.

Any ideas anyone, Please.

Cheers. John.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Thanks Willie.

Yes I have done so, so that is not the problem unfortunately.

One thing I have noticed in particular is that when I click on and hold to do a drag, the pointer does not change. There is no indication that it has grabbed anything at all so obviously there is nothing to drop. I am wondering if there is some sort of permissions problem but I cannot see any.

Cheers. John.

When i want to place the home icon on the taskbar it won't work but if i move the home icon to the taskbar en touch the top of the taskbar with the mouse pointer i see a little square appearing when i release the left mouse button the icon is placed at the taskbar.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Willie. What you describe is close to what I normally usually experienced.

Thanks Keith. That is also what I normally experienced, but I found that a lot of the time I was able to drop the icon at the panel end I preferred if I hovered over the panel for a short instant longer or something like that.

Of course you will have noticed that as you did the drag, that it was an icon of the application that you had selected. In this present problem there is NO icon change to the pointer as you try to drag, indicating that the drag function does not seem to be working so therefore there is nothing to drop. Weird huh ???.

Cheers. John.