Mandriva's countdown?

isadora

Not really surprising, if you ask me. Mandriva has a history of making bad decisions, not communicating with their usersbase and lacking a global business-strategy. Nonetheless, the distro was always pretty good, if not exceptional. My fear is that Mandriva will implode. My hope is that there will be a community-driven project and an enterprise-company in the future, much like fedora and Red Hat work. IMHO it would be wise für Mandriva to start something similar. Mandriva as the cutting-edge community-driven desktopsystem, Mandriva-Enterprise as the solid workhorse for servers that uses the best of the Mandriva-Packages.

My hope is that there will be a community-driven project and an enterprise-company in the future, much like fedora and Red Hat work. IMHO it would be wise für Mandriva to start something similar. Mandriva as the cutting-edge community-driven desktopsystem, Mandriva-Enterprise as the solid workhorse for servers that uses the best of the Mandriva-Packages.

Hear, Hear to that sentiment.