Old DOS games that I made...

DOlson

If you are familiar with DOSBox at all, then you'll know how cool and easy it is to use.

Well, I dug up a copy of my old games called Backstreet Boys Suck and Backstreet Boys Suck 2: Spice Girls Suck, and tried them out in DOSBox... Lo and behold, THEY WORK!

Pretty neat stuff, considering these were both MAJOR hassles to get working in a Windows 98 environment even... I haven't played these games for probably over 3 years until a couple of days ago.

Anyhow, if you want to try them, you can download them both from the Scapegoat Software website (link in sig).

Just extract the zip file, then open a terminal in the directory that you extracted it to, then run dosbox ./ to start the emulator. Then, at the prompt, run the EXE file just like you would on a normal DOS machine. It should work fine.

SoulSe: A bit off-topic but have you tried scummVM for playing monkey island 1 & 2, it rocks.  Also works with a heap of other lucasarts games (when they were still good).

Yeah, I have... but I could never get it to run properly in Mandy... haven't tried in Gentoo yet.

Apparently some of the Lucas Arts games require ScummVM even if you have DosBox, not sure what that is all about though, I haven't tried any Lucas Arts games with DosBox yet (trying to find 'em).