• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Sign in to follow this  
Guest joelbair

mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.25 mandriva rpm

Guest joelbair

Ok - since it took me a bit of effort to build this, I thought make it available to others to save some pain.

Additionally, MySQL Workbench has long been stuck at the 5.1 release in mandriva official packages - which was.... lets say - "unfinished".

The 5.2.25 release remarkably - appears fully functional and loads of new features. (at least if you're coming from 5.1)

I especially like the Administration tab, and integration directly with your database.

RPM package:

mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.25-1mdv2010.0.x86_64.rpm

and SRPM:

mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.25-1mdv2010.0.src.rpm

enjoy...

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Thank you for your efforts. Unfortunately I have come across a problem, and this happens with any workbench.rpm, except from the official mirrors.

When I try to install I get an error say the package needs pexpect. It is already installed. Have you any ideas as what is wrong please?

What a wally I am. I was trying to install a package I had downloaded from the MYSQL website.

Your package has installed. Now to try it out.

Edited by SilverSurfer60

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you once again. Your work is appreciated. No I have learn how to use all the information I have in front of me. It gets harder as one gets older. But I will persevere.