a wine how to pleas

Ok so wine is updated on a daly basis but I dont have a clue on how to install it I am using Mandrake 9.2 but I am a beginner as far as linux is coserned ( me spell I dont think so ) so the obvious question is how do I compile and install wine as i have read the wine web site but it does not really give you a walk through from start to finish....I understand that their are many distros around the get and that they are all diffrent and that it takes up time to wright how to's for the distro but if any one knows how to then I am willing to follow instructions and learn..after all I have managed to get my sound , and network local / internet working without help as such I am just clue less on how to get a decent wine install installed so i can use some of the programs i have become attached to in winders especially YahElite so I can talk to my buddies in my favorite rooms.. so as you can tell I am a little lost :help:

hi,

where are you exactly now on the compilation part? if you still havent started then you basically need to install gcc (the compiler) and all its dependencies (urpmi gcc should work).

the easiest compile route for now is to either download the daily srpm (source rpm) at http://wine.dataparty.no/ and just do the following as root

# rpmbuild --rebuild <name of wine srpm>

. after that (assuming you have all dependencies) you should have a wine rpm at /etc/src/RPM/<architecture> (or somewhere in that vicinity) which you can use to install wine via rpm.

im talking funny right now because scape has a good tutorial in his site that you can use as a base and i dont see the worth of repeating it all over again. i cant find the link to it in the weblinks section so we will have to wait till somebody here provides a link. :(

or you can just download the precompiled rpm at the dataparty site and just install it as is. :)

ciao!