linuxsucks.org

Steve Scrimpshire

I have installed moz firebird on my win2k box, so far so good...

Now I need to take some of the steps to eradicate my Really Hidden Files from my years of using IE. Has anyone here performed any of the recommended steps to clean out your MS spy files (in other words, has anyone here done steps 3.1 through 4 from the f**kmicrosoft site under the section called Really Hidden Files) ?

Although I don't intend to use IE on my winbox anymore, I don't want to trash it by deleting crap that may be in some way important ...

This is one of my favorite Windows rant sites:

http://www.euronet.nl/users/frankvw/

Click on the 'Proud to be 100% Microsoft Free' button. :)

I only use Windows for work. Should my work software ever get ported to Linux or made to run in Wine then I am off Windows completely.

Still, on my Win2K box at work I use Opera, Gimp and OO.o. :)

i read that site

quite some time ago, researched every claim. he is dead right on every point. even "Windows NT & .NET" magazine, a Microsoft publication, has a story (probably where frank got it from) called something like "NT the rest of the story" or "Is NT really NT?" in which they point out that NT was VMS rewritten in C. (i am going completely off my memory here, but please feel free to check it out)