Who wants to hosts SuSE9Pro iso's

bvc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just burned the cds. I dl'd cd1 on 1/8 so I thought I had the fixed version, but it will not boot. Are there md5sums I can check for these, current, isos? Or is cd1 still not right?

CD1 worked fine when I redid it and burned it. Booted with no prob. Here's the md5sums for it - 26d1d87e39ca0b58d4437bea53042d07.

Do you have the other md5sums??? :cheesy:

Maybe . . . :P

26d1d87e39ca0b58d4437bea53042d07 suse9pro-cd1.iso

8168708d3097d55ee614748d80830b9c suse9pro-cd2.iso

94736c0fd9e53acf903d7a3cd8c6bd82 suse9pro-cd3.iso

150d7fc7fb52f2cdfeba798a73a15d4b suse9pro-cd4.iso

fd5f06b71a347bf2b7ff5e1f73d88e03 suse9pro-cd5.iso

Just wanted to drop a post to say thanks to bvc, anon, mystified, & everyone else who helped post these ISOs. My poor Mandy install got alot of abuse in my first year of learning linux. It has been updated from 9.1 to 9.2, installed many textar & plf rpms, compiled alot of programs I couldn't find in rpm, installed KDE 3.2 & a botched 2.6 kernel install (worked, but was never quite right). I learned alot from this install, but it was about time for me to start from scratch. I downloaded these ISOs & absolutely love how my new SuSE install is running. Took me a little while to get DVD playback & my LPD print server running....but now I'm happy. I still plan on checking out MDK 10 when it comes out, but IMO SuSE 9.0 has MDK 9.2 beat for hardware detection & ease of configuration. This install/configuration was painless. USB hotplugging is fantastic in SuSE.

Thanks again for posting these ISOs.

• 2 weeks later...

An issue came up with anon's isp and allowable connection. Due to posting iso's, his alloted thru-put was almost used up. So, he has opted to not post iso's. We are examining other solutions, including whether or not we ever want to post iso's.

It was the iso's that really increased his bandwidth. I know that I myself used our ftp server for the SuSE iso's, and others. It was really going to cost more to increase the allowable usage, and anon determined that the iso's is what did it! We are mirroring a couple of other sights, but not the iso images. Perhaps someone else could host iso's? Apparently there was a lot of hits on our ftp sight from non-members (of course), which added even more to the band-width. It's really up to anon, and I think the admins are still discussing solutions to the problem. I am not sure about Mandrake iso's.