Who wants to hosts SuSE9Pro iso's

bvc

the ISO's need to be remade, again ;)

the original way mystified made them did not account for long file names (with extra periods and the such). if she does the other cd's again like she did the first one this problem should be solved.

mkisofs needs to be sent specific options so as to create files exactly with their original names including any extended names or extra periods inside the file name. just use dd like you did to remake the first one and all should be well.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet another question:

what is Suse sparc? I saw the iso's for this @ linuxiso.org, it's the 8.2 release, but I have no idea what sparc is? It's five discs what ever it is.

Anyways, I too installed only from disc 1, system runs fine, although I have no office software. I do have openoffice downloaded somewhere, so I can get around the disc 2 problem (soemwhat). Anyways, where are those knew iso's :juggle:

I have yet another question:

what is Suse sparc? I saw the iso's for this @ linuxiso.org, it's the 8.2 release, but I have no idea what sparc is? It's five discs what ever it is.

Anyways, I too installed only from disc 1, system runs fine, although I have no office software. I do have openoffice downloaded somewhere, so I can get around the disc 2 problem (soemwhat). Anyways, where are those knew iso's  :juggle:

It's for Sun only hardware, that has a sparc processor. Like an ultra 10 ;)

Anyways, where are those knew iso's  :juggle:

The second one is up. I had started uploading last night but something happened during the night and the upload got interrupted. So I uploaded again this morning and it's on the mirror now. I'm doing the third cd at the moment. When I did my SuSE install I only used the 1st and 2nd ones. Haven't needed anything off the others yet but I'll get all 5 on the server in case anyone wants them.

in the short period of time I ran suse I did need all 5 cds's for installing stuff but I installed a lot of stuff. B) It's a fun and enjoyable distro....not for me, I already have one of those (mandrake).....i need stuff to fix and tinker with which is why I installed gentoo ;)

Yeah, but you know what your'e doing. I for one don't, I'll be honest. Yeah I want all five discs, and I'll take the DVD's too :D ( I know- they contain the same stuff) . Thanks again, I now have disc two and will burn shortly :thumbs:

Off topic here, but this just place rocks. I just got a iomega zip drive at the house, mandy and suse saw it fine, I coulld mount, copy /paste, etc. Windows XP however, freaked out, so I did a google search, what I found was a bunch of Jerks telling people it was them or their pc, how that never happens, before someone actualy had something to add that helped. It looks like you need to install the drives BEFORE you install the drive (cart before the horse comes to mind) but I'll work on that tonight.

thanks! :P SuSE didn't find my cdrom after the initial stage of the install, so i had to then switch to an FTP install.

the YaST installer seems nice so far, although it about gave me a heart attack when i thought it had already formatted my partitions into one giant partition. i've backed things up, but that still wouldn't have been ideal. hopefully everything will be up and running soon. :D

well, the cds from 12penguins.com (linuxrocks100 on eBay), work just fine, without trashing my mandrake, windows, or System Commander. I wound up installing from all 5 cds. If i read the online update right, i installed Apache, which i don't need.

Well, this is a first time install of Suse for me. :wall::cheesy: It was painless enough, though the partitioning part nearly gave me another heart attack (had major heart attack in November 2001 and bypass surgery). I did the manual (sort of), and the sizing part is strange, cause i am used to thinking in megabytes, instead of sectors.

I think I will be doing another install of Suse 9.0 Pro. This time i will use Mandrake install to redo the Suse partitions to my tastes, without actually installing mandrake again. Need separate /home.

Online update worked (never had luck with Mandrake's at install time).

I'm in Suse now and need to reboot into mandy to update some things. I can see why Suse is so popular.