Removing Linux and LiLo

DOlson

If you want to know how to do this, please, read the documentation on your operating system's website. Chances are that this is Microsoft Windows, so you would go to:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;EN-US;Q247804&

Thanks!

Hey, I found that on accident, so I posted it in here since on the old board it was a frequently asked question. If people want to use Microsoft's OS, then they can get their help from Microsoft. I'm sure if they called Microsoft they have a tech support staff dedicated to helping people remove LiLo and Linux from computers. It's probaby a free service too.

:shock:  :shock: traitor..... :shock:  :shock:

j/k. :oops:

Hardly traitor, yes I know you were pulling DOlsons leg calling him that.

Lets be honest at this stage in the life of Linux it's still not for everybody At least not yet. I'm still not sure if it will be a good thing or not if it ever becomes like MS in that everybondy can install and run it. :)

Oh, I completely understand, I finally goaded my roommate into installing Linux, now he sits there looking at all sorts of errors all wide-eyed. I think he'll stick with it just cause if he starts something, he wants to be the best at it, but its definately not for everyone.

DOlson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:50 pm Post subject:

Some people get really mad when you say that.

"Well, Linux isn't for everyone."

"What is THAT supposed to mean????"

/quote

hmmm best not to go there :twisted:

I know what i'd like to say to them but it is more along the lines of "Well, computers aren't for everyone".

Well, Linux isn't always best for everything. For example I set up my own Custom DVES (Digital video Entertainment System) he he I just made that up. While I would have prefered a Linux solution, it wasn't possible because the hardware doesn't support Linux.

It runs on Win2k and does it all!

Records TV shows with a real time Mpeg-2 hardware encoder anywhere from VCD to DVD quality with a Hauppage WinTV PVR250 card. TV recording can be scheduled to automatically record what ever I like.

Output to my TV is via a REALmagic Xcard, Mpeg-2/DivX decoder card and the picture quality is nothing short of Awesome, even VCD quality mpegs look awesome with the hardware decoding.

I also have DVD ripping and encoding software so I can rip and re-encode my DVD's to SVCD quality Mpegs and store them on the hard drive giving me instant access at all my movies any time I like :)

I wish all this would work on Linux, but the fact is it doesn't.

OMG...That sounds F*cking Bad ASS!!!

Well, Linux isn't always best for everything. For example I set up my own Custom DVES (Digital video Entertainment System) he he I just made that up. While I would have prefered a Linux solution, it wasn't possible because the hardware doesn't support Linux.

It runs on Win2k and does it all!

Records TV shows with a real time Mpeg-2 hardware encoder anywhere from VCD to DVD quality with a Hauppage WinTV PVR250 card. TV recording can be scheduled to automatically record what ever I like.

Output to my TV is via a REALmagic Xcard, Mpeg-2/DivX decoder card and the picture quality is nothing short of Awesome, even VCD quality mpegs look awesome with the hardware decoding.

I also have DVD ripping and encoding software so I can rip and re-encode my DVD's to SVCD quality Mpegs and store them on the hard drive giving me instant access at all my movies any time I like

OMG that sounds F*cking bad ass!!!!!