Mandriva2010.1-beta

AussieJohn

I have tried a number of times to install the new beta but always with the same result.

During the post install settings, when ever I click "test" in the graphical setting up, It fails and drops back to a text format that suggests rebooting.

Can't say I am very impressed with a beta release that cannot complete an install process.

The DVD was burnt at slowest speed and also K3B confirmed data matched correctly so I do not suspect the DVD.

I did manage in the first attempt to complete the install but only because I did not do the Graphics test. However when I then booted into the OS, I got that same stupid nonsense (as I did on the times I tried out the betas of 2010.0 ) where you were presented with a popup that asked to install something or other and even though you did so and whatever was installed, the same stupid popup returned. Back then I gave up and I don't intend to waste too much more time on this beta either.

Anyone else try this beta, if so what did you experience.

Cheers. John.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Do you think this is a driver clash with your graphics card? Can you use another driver like the nv driver?

I'm not much good with issues like this. I assume you're running the 9400gt in your signature. I previously ran a 9400gt with no problems, and now I have a 9800gt, still with no problems.

It tries to run with the new nouveau or what ever it is called which doesn't work and I tried (using vim) and changed that to nv but it won't run on that either.

My 2010 .0 is running like a charm and yes I am running the 9400 Nvidia.

Is the general silence here an indication that practically no one is trying this bets. :D

Cheers. John.

About as far as I've ever gone into "testing" realms is by using RC1 or RC2 candidates. Mandriva's 2009.0 RC1 was actually pretty good. I tend to stay away from beta because of their volatility. I did at one stage use Debian SID effectively "unstable", and it was. One day I updated, and something broke, the next day or two, it was fixed again when updates were released. But I thought what if I had really needed that functionality, I'd be screwed until it was fixed. Ever since then I've never gone that route again.