MCN live kris RC1

wirechief

I just got the mcnlive-kris-rc1.iso and put it on a USB stick (with a method that works for me on netbooks) it booted fine and setup

the wifi network with no issues. Great Job HighKing. tests all positive on the Acer Aspire One netbook.

Yes. however a different stick, same manufacturer, I have three sticks that seem to work ok, I know it must have something

to do with the partition structure, on the sticks that work I seem able to put other hybrid-isos on them too using the DD

method, mandriva seed, image-writer and yes even net-booten however it seems to have issues with mandriva's iso and fails on it

but not on others (shakes head) I have had to resort to labeling the sticks and what package i used to put the .iso on it.

Using the mandriva seed script and mandriva 2010 beta i was able to create a bootable usb stick (unmounted sdb first) it looks

like the manner in which the usb sticks are originally created has a lot to do with this, knowing this i will be using the seed

for creation, i have not been able to successfully reuse sticks created that didnt work, ive tried using fdisk /dev/sdb and completely removing everything and recreating a FAT partition and then using mandriva seed, guess i will have to be really careful in the future.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.