Mandriva beta fails to connect wireless [solved]

wirechief

I am using MCN-live beta 3 to report my test with Mandriva 2010 Beta 1 , it booted from a USB stick i created with

MandrivaÅ› seed, I had checked the md5sum before putting it on the stick. I tried using the configurator icon for network and wifi connections however it refused to located my essid, I tried once more using drakconnect but its basically the same program. I am attaching log files for review by those who might be interested.

On MCN-live am using:

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.31.12-desktop586-1mnb #1 SMP Tue Jan 26 02:59:40 EST 2010 i686 Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz GNU/Linux

relavent lspci for Network:

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5001 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (rev b0)

dmesg-mandriva-beta.txt

drake-connect-errors.txt

messages-mandriva-beta.txt

syslog-mandriva-beta.txt

I should of added that MCN-live kris connects and worked the very first try, thats why i was surprised that mandriva 2010 beta

didnt work, does your aspireone110 have the same wifi chipsets ?

this error from drakconnect might give someone clues:

/usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/gtk.pm line 522.

Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_cell_view_set_cell_data: assertion `cell_view->priv->displayed_row != NULL' failed at /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/gtk.pm line 522.

Selected interface 'ath0'

I have tried this on my other netbook and its working, so now a retest is in order, I burned the .iso to a CD and it is working from there, I do notice there are two menu selections the first is configure network, perhaps i tried the second first and thats

why it was failing, i will have to review this....

• 2 weeks later...